The AU in Germany program is still accepting students for the trip scheduled in May/June 2014. To accommodate student needs a new course has been approved, it is a Social Science Core course (POLSC 3GS: Contemporary Germany), and it will be taught by Dr. Rene Paddags. The other two courses offered in the program are ENG 332 (Global Film - Aesthetics Core) and REL 33SGL (Luther & the Reformation - Humanities Core). There will be four upcoming information meetings about the program, at both 5:00pm and 9:00pm in the Student Center Auditorium on November 19th and 20th. In summary, here are some reasons why you should consider this study abroad program:
1. You will take 2 AU summer courses and earn 6 credits
2. Taking this trip will count for the GPS study away option
3. ENG 332 is a border crossing course
4. Summer Stafford Loan money is available
5. The entire program only costs $1,753 more than taking 2 summer courses
6. Total cost includes flight, housing, excursion package, some meals, etc.
The new deposit deadline is December 2nd, by which time a $500 non-refundable deposit should be delivered to the Global Education Office in 100 Founders Hall.