Friday, February 10, 2017

Alumni Spotlight -- Olivia Hess '16

I am a recent December 2016 graduate with my Bachelor of Arts in both Psychology and Religion.Due to my experience at Ashland, I feel well prepared for my next step at Liberty University where I will pursue my Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. If there is anything that I have learned within these past few months about my psychology education from Ashland University it is that the study of the mind transcends the means of a classroom environment. Though I am not currently being taught about the way in which a human brain works, professors from Ashland have helped me to realize that I am always learning if I choose to pay attention to my surroundings. If people are involved, psychology is involved. Now that I am truly able to recognize the importance of working through the positive and negative aspects of the way we, as humans, think in everyday circumstances, I am ready to further my classroom education. My dream of becoming an Equine-Assisted Licensed Professional Counselor is beginning to get closer and closer and I could not be more excited! The Ashland University Psychology Department has developed a passion in me to learn and help people, and for that I will forever be motivated and grateful.