Thursday, May 19, 2011

Alumni Spotlight - Lauren Cieslak '10

After graduating from Ashland University in May of 2010 with a Bachelors of Science in Psychology, I moved back home to Cleveland to pursue my career. Like many graduates, I was unsure of the direction I wanted to go in. I ended up applying for a position with a Staffing Agency and I now find myself in sales and recruiting. I went all four years at Ashland without taking a single business course and I have successfully ended up in the business field.  My degree in psychology has still helped me in my job today. I work with a variety of individuals through interviewing and getting them through the entire job searching process. I have applied my communication skills and my knowledge of psychology every day at work. The struggles I faced in my undergraduate years have formed me into the successful young professional I am today. My career in sales has already progressed from simply being here after one year, to where I am now preparing myself for a promotion within the next three months. All of the professors in the psychology department have helped me to grow and I could not be happier to have been a part of such a successful department at AU. I learned that psychology can open a variety of career options, so make sure to explore them all!